Monday, August 27, 2007

Decisions, decisions

Yesterday Manny and I went and walked the lot and imagined our house. It's awesome to be able to look at something and know that we will finally have our house. We also did some driving around to look at colors of siding with shutters and colors of front doors. I do wonder what some people were thinking when they chose colors. In order to not be one of those people, we decided we are not putting up shutters for the time being. We know our siding color, roof color and Manny has decided what kind of front door we'll have (I don't care). Now I just need to decide what color to make the door (I have 2 colors in mind). We were also back to discussing the kitchen. Our focus lately seems to be on the refrigerator. I have given into stainless steel (we had it in our condo and I hate to keep it clean, especially with so many tiny fingers touching it) but the set up is what separates us. I do not like the fridge and freezer side by side length wise, I like one on top of the other and I don't care which is where (we had the freezer on the bottom in the condo; that just makes it easier for Little Manny to get ice pops when he wants them). My husband wants side by side so he can have the ice/water maker on the door. Now I call that lazy because you can easily open the door and scoop out some ice cubes. I know they have the compromise fridge with the ice maker on the door and freezer still on the bottom, but we hadn't budgeted $2300 for a fridge!! Oh I am not giving in on this one!! You'll see who wins in the end (smile)!!

No comments: